We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
As you may know the Governor of the State of Ohio has allowed dentists to return to work on Friday, May 1st, 2020. We will be open for business on Monday, May 4, 2020. You can call our offices at that time to schedule you or your child’s upcoming appointment. 614-766-0330 or 614-471-6355
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions when you schedule your appointment.
- We ask that only the patient come upstairs for the appointment. Parents and siblings should stay in the car and call us when you arrive, and we will tell you when you can come up for your appointment. If a parent would like to be with their child you must have your own mask AND face shield on when entering the office. You will not be allowed back in the treatment area at this time though. We will take the temperature of each patient before being seen. If you have a fever (above 100 degrees Fahrenheit) we will ask that you return to your car and reschedule. We only have masks, gloves, face shields and eye protection for ourselves at this time due to the limited supply of PPE, and we will wear them all day long for yours and our safety.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office. It will be in the hallway on a table. We ask that you use the hand sanitizer when you leave the office as well.
- Do not approach the front desk when coming in for your appointment. There will be yellow feet on the carpet where you can stand to keep your distance.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, books, the game room, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you since we have to disinfect between each patient.
- The first month of appointments or so will be “assessment only” appointments where we will figure out what the needs are for each patient and then treat or reschedule accordingly. So, if you were scheduled to get your braces off, that will not happen at your first appointment back with us.
- Payments can be made by calling in or sending us a check. We will not take a visa card or a check across the front desk at this time. Physical contact with the front desk will be minimal. Auto draw on your visa card or checking account is what’s best for yours and our safety. We will be bringing on online payments in the near future as well as online scheduling.
- We have an online virtual appointment widget which will allow me to monitor your care remotely if you are comfortable with that approach.
- Many of you may be interested in transitioning from braces into Line M Up aligners to complete your treatment. This can be discussed at your appointment. This is where orthodontics is headed, and we are ready and have been ready to provide that service to you “in house” with remote appointments with my direct supervision in person or remotely through our virtual appointment widget.
- New patients can also get a virtual appointment online at our website www.jameskarpacortho.com to get an idea of my recommendations, time and cost involved.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office 614-471-6355 or visit our website at www.jameskarpacortho.com for updates on new information.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. James Karpac and Staff